Oct 2ND I was able to go to St. George and Run the 26.2 grueling marathon. It was so hot!! We started running at 6:45 am , at that time it was already mid 70's in the canyon. Once the sun came up it really heated things up. It was MISERABLE. This was the hottest year ever! Go figure, the year I draw out.. When we finished before noon the temp was 98 degrees. You could not get away from the heat. Runners were dropping like flies. The DNF Vans (Did Not Finish) were full every time they went bye. Out of 9000,00 Runners only 5640 finished and only 2600 were woman. I finished in 4:36:07. I was kinda disappointed about my time. I was really wanting to finish around 4 hours or slightly under. Because of the heat, I started cramping at mile 20 and couldn't maintain my pace to get me in at my goal time. I dropped back from my Awesome running partner ( Dave Astile) who kept me on track and busy with conversation to think of the pain I was in. My last 6 miles Was really hard. It took me over and hour to finish those last 6 miles. The finish line was AWESOME! There were people lined up everywhere to cheer you on. As soon as I seen the finish line I couldn't help but to cry. Its such an amazing feeling to push your body so hard, but at the same time your in so much pain that you can not wait to cross that line and be done. Its a love hate relationship.. I'm so glad I was able to push through all those doubts I had and finish. I won't be doing any Marathon's anytime soon. I will stick to half marathon's , they are much easier on the mind and the body. .
Such a great feeling!! We all finished. So glad I was able to go through this journey with my sisters. They are the best! I am so lucky to have them. Thanks girls, you ROCK!
My parents surprised us and came down with Randy the night before. It was a great surprise. It was neat to have them there, to watch us complete this. Specially my dad. He is so busy this time of year and was able to take time off from the harvest to be with us. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Randy. Your support was HUGE, for all of us.
The race crew. We are all sick and feeling near death but we can fake a smile for the camera cause WE DID IT! Dave, Alicia, Me, Shay and Dana. The Fab 5.
1 comments:
Congratulations! That is such an awesome accomplishment!! You are amazing! Looks like you had a great time too.
Post a Comment