Saturday morning my sisters ( shay and dana) and I ran the Logan 1/2 marathon. It was awesome. This was my sister Shaylee's first race experience. While training we told her we didn't care about our time we just wanted her to finish . Come race day, I told her we just needed to finish under 2 hours. She was a little stressed, but she did awesome. We stayed together the hole time. At mile 11 shay started to get really mad at Dana and I because we were pushing her to keep going. She wanted to walk , but of course we wouldn't let her. I was feeling good so I took off and tried to finish strong. My time was 1:55:30. I was so happy with my time. Dana came in next at 1:56:43 and then shay came in at 1:57:20.. We did great. It was so fun to be there and watch her reach her goals. She has come along ways from a year ago. I was so proud of her. I am looking forward to the many more races we will all be doing together again. I know it's nerdy but we ran in the same tops. We were the ladies in pink, Or triple D's as Randy called us.
My cousin Sara, this was her first race also. She had a great race time also. I think she came in at 2:09. She did awesome. It was fun to be there with her as she accomplished her goal also. Way to go SARA!!!!
Way to Go Shay!! You finished! You did AWESOME. We are all so proud of you. Keep up the great work.
Here's the running group. My cousin on the end is 11 weeks prego. She wasn't going to run it, 10 minutes before they were ready to go she decided she would run it. She hadn't trained since July and the most she trained was 8 miles. She did Awesome, she only had to pee 5 times and stop for a snack once. ha ha
It was a great time. I can't wait until we can do more races. Maybe next time Randy can run with us. He signed up to do this one but he had to work, we missed you Randall.. Thanks to our husbands who supported us and let us go and run all our long runs. Thanks Jon for driving all the way up to Logan to watch us finish. Your a great fan.
6 years ago
16 comments:
Okay the picture of me is NAPPY!!! ha ha I am still sore by the way!!! I am glad that is over with!!! So MARATHON in SEPTEMBER??
Yes I love blogs, it is a great way to stay in touch! I cannot believe Kobe is going into 2nd grade, I remember when he was just little! That is so awesome that you guys ran that marathon, nice job!
Yes the 1/2 was an amazing experience. Although I know I couldn't go one mile further. No full marathon's in my immediate future.
You guys all did awesome. It was a fun race.. and your pink shirts were very cute.
Oh Brookie... thanks for the awesome comments and for your support. I am so grateful to both you and Tesch for pushing me and not letting me give up. I am ready for another half marathon, but I agree with Sara - no full marathon in my immediate future. P.S. Go Pink Ladies!!
I think that you guys are all so neat for doing this. I just wish I had more time in my life right now to run. I have always loved it. Way to go!
Hey so does Dana have a blog too, she left a comment on my page, but didn't see a blog address. i would love to see what her family is up to as well!
Congrats to all three of you. They have a 1/2 marathon down here in January - you guys should come down to run it and for a visit. You are always welcome wherever we may be.
P.S. the Bigfoot footage is authentic.
Brookie....WOW. I'm so proud of all of you..you sassy pink panthers you :)!! GO SHAY!! I swore she said she'd never do a race...haha :) Silly girl - I knew she could do it!!
Happy Parka & I are running a half marathon in mid September & God willing training goes well, we'll be running the Athens Classic in November :) It will be my 1st marathon...wish me luck...it's all about just crossing that beautiful finish line! Right?! Training has been tough with trying to get settled & traveling but we'll make it!
So we finally moved into our house and got the internet today! I am ready to get started on this blogging thing, so be ready, you may get a lot of questions in your email while I'm learning K.
BTW - How's the season going? The new team is cool, but it's just not the same...I really miss you guys. It strange without all of you there. Hopefully I'll have the pics up soon.
Say Hi to all the fam & all the gals for me...
miss ya.. Apes
p.s. So when are you all coming to visit?
Bright Idea:: Maybe we can plan to meet up & all run an international race :) Let me know.
I am impressed with all of you guys and your dedication. I am glad to say I am friends with such sporty ladies and now I can say I am friends with the pink ladies. I think it is great how close you and your sisters are. It is nice to be able to do things like this and you have fun doing it. I will start training for some races next year and maybe join the group :)
Hi Brooke...I'm glad you found my blog..I am addicted to blogging these days, its so fun! Anyway, good job on the half marathon! You guys are nuts...running is so not fun to me at all. Your kids are so cute, they have gotten so big since the last time I saw them!
I am so jealous. Way to go. One day maybe I can join you guys if I can get my lazy butt in gear!
Way to go! You guys look so awesome together in your pink tops! I think it is so cool that the three of you run together. Hopefuly some day I can say I ran a race. You look so great! Im way jealous.
Hey Brooke! Glad to see you made a comment on my new blog. Now we can be blogging buddies together!!! I need to get in shape and run a marathon with you guys. HA HA
Now I feel inspired to go out and run a race, and I hate running! That's awesome! Congrats!
Post a Comment