Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm Back.

Okay so I know I have been slacking, but I am going to be better. I feel like not much has changed. How sad is that? I hate these few months, it feels like winter will never go away, and spring is so far away. Our family has been doing good, we are all healthy and Randy still has his job. Can't complain.



I did sign up to run the Ogden 1/2 marathon with my two sisters and my sister in law Maryann . I am really excited. We have just started our training, and boy did the memories come back as to why I don't do these very often.. I hate having to run all the time. On the other hand its good, cause I feel like I can eat whatever whenever!



We also put a team together to run the Ragnar relay race. Its a race of 12 people. You start in Logan and finish up in Park city. It takes 2 days to finish up, so we will be running on and off all day/night long. We have a fun team of family and friends. Some beginner runners, and some that have ran marathons and other races. Randy has decided to run with us. I am really excited for him. This is his first big race.



With the hard economical trials, I have decided to get certified as a Substitute school teacher. I'm a little nervous to do this, but I am willing to give it my all. Any little extra money right now will help. The nice thing about doing this , I don't have to be tied to a job. I can do it as I need or want to.



To go along with my substitute teaching, I have decided to start clipping coupons and try to save more money. This is time CONSUMING!!! Any pointers from you experts out there??

10 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm so jealous about the running!
As far as coupons go I use grocerysmarts.com I have heard that savvyshopperdeals.com is good too though I haven't used it yet, and pinchingyourpennies.com. Anyway, we've gone from spending about $600.00 (diapers and everything) a month to $300.00. Although the program says after about 3-4 months you can get by on spending only$180.00 and month, I guess I'm not quite that disciplined!

WheelersFamily said...

Look how motivated you are. Glad you are bloggin again. Cya Tuesday.

Amber said...

Nice to see you back! I am so jealous about the marathon. I went on to sign up for the 1/2 as well about a week ago and it was already filled up!! I was really excited to give it a try, now I dont even want to start. I also do pinchingyourpennies.com but mostley to shop for presents and stuff, not coupons. Im not diciplined enough to really get into it yet either, but every little bit helps!

Merrills said...

Yeah, I'm glad you updated! Keep it up. j/k

Anonymous said...

So glad you came back! And I'm not jealous of the running, but of the fact that you can eat whatever you want! I use grocerysmarts.com like Stacie and I think it's great. I don't think the way they do it very time consuming and so far I've cut down my groceries by $100 a month. (Not as good as Stac, but working on it!) Good luck with all your upcoming races :)

Julie said...

Good Luck on your races...you are so motivated. Also Good Luck with the Substitute Teaching, I am sure you will do great!

Amy said...

Yeah! I have been waiting for an update from you. I used to substitute teach (I didn't have to get certified though). I loved subbing at the High School they were so much better than the Jr High. I never tried elementary. I have wanted to try the coupon thing I am just not smart enough to watch the deals. If you go to my friend Cami's blog (I have the link in my blog's) She has the link to all the savy savers and coupon blogs that help. And for the running... I can't wait to start running, exercising and playing. I can't wait to sweat and it not be because I am pregnant and sweating :)

Marshall Family said...

Hey there! So your doing Ogden again! That is awesome! I love the 1/2... sad to be sitting it out this year but Sara and I will be in the 5K.. hee hee. That's great your going to Substitute teach, I remember the great days of having subs! hahaha. I love clipping coupons but I'm not good at it at all.. I am proud when I save $2 off my bill! I know the grocery clerk wonders why I bother! haha. Good luck with that!

Tara Bennett said...

Very cool to do a 1/2 marathon. We're doing a 5k is all in May and I'm terrified, but I'm in bad shape, so that's why. ;o)

Would you be interested in pushing special needs kids in a 5k? I'm trying to get approval for it and I'm asking people who are already into running. No biggie if not, but just let me know if you'd be interested.

Good luck with the substitute teaching and coupon clipping. I've had to make major changes with my spending habits since I quit my job to be a stay at home mom. I haven't given in to coupon clipping yet, but I should definitely start. You've inspired me!

Abby Fowers said...

You're not alone. We are waiting for spring too. It's taking forever! I don't know how you guys do all the running and racing! I am terrible with running. I'm so jealous. That'll be fun to have Rand running with you guys tho. And you'll do great at the substitute teaching. Its easy and fun. Don't be nervous!