Randy and I decided to go on a little Road trip, just the two of us. We had a blast. I thought the drive was going to be long and horrible, but to my surprise it wasn't at all. Rand packed us ( really for me) a cooler of " treats", we had games, i had my book, and our I-pod's and off we went.. We left Thursday afternoon, drove all night to Reno NV. ( my fault. I thought Reno was only a 4 hour drive, didn't realize it was 8!)
This was as we were almost to Reno, so yes I know I looked like crap, but that's what Road trips are about.
Are we there yet?? Day 2. So excited to get there. Not sure what to expect, neither one of us had been before.
This was taken as we were crossing the Bay Bridge. It is beautiful, all the sudden the city just pops out and there it is. Anyone behind us driving probably knew we were tourist, as we had to search our car for change to get across the bridge. We didn't know there was a toll. Luckily we found exact change.

I was amazed by how close all the houses are. They were just right on top of each other. You could jump from roof top to roof top all the way down the street. Half the houses didn't even have a yard. It was crazy!
One of the old trolleys that gets around in downtown San Francisco. We rode this and the Bart system everywhere we went. It was to crazy to try and drive, then park.. I don't know how you would live there with kids ( Cathy)?
We did the Alcatraz tour. It was so cool. Very interesting. If you ever go to San Francisco I would really recommend this tour, and do the audio tour. It was cool, you could hear the prisoners like they were right there with you. Kinda creepy.
Randy inside one of the jail cells. There was not much to these cells. They are tiny. Concrete floor. It was really cold inside. The jails
philosophy was, you are allowed to food, water and
necessary medical attention everything else is a
privilege. I think I'm gonna use that motto at our house!

This is the city view from Alcatraz. It was really pretty.

We took a tour that went all throughout the city and all the cool places that we would never have found on our own. We rode across the Golden Gate Bridge, and then got out and walked across it. It is beautiful. Talk about breath taking
views each direction you looked. It was great. Although it was really cold.

Not sure what was going on here. Their was a million guys and girls in wedding dresses everywhere. We thought it was rather interesting so we took the picture. Only in San Francisco!!

Every corner had something going on. People would just sit up on a corner and do different things. This was the fire dancer. He was really fun to watch. After the show he would say , " If you liked my show please leave me some money." I bet he made good money, he did several shows within an hour.

Here is the "Crazy Fire dance" . He was really a little crazy. Notice how many coats I have on? I had 3 shirts, a sweatshirt, my green coat, and then we had to stop and buy this bigger grey jacket and gloves. It was freezing.

We also had our picture drawn. This guy was amazing. He did really good work. We sat and watched him do a family of 3 and decided we would get our done . I hated just sitting there and having everyone walk past and watch! I hated it.. But I do like the picture.

What do you think?? Some think it looks like us, others don't. We liked it.

Does this look familiar to anybody?? So many houses like this everywhere. I was hoping we could go through one but we never made it. They were really pretty. I would love to have an older house like this one day.
The food was AWESOME!! We loved it. One night we had Yummy Seafood, then it was Chinese from Chinatown, and then Italian, from little Italy. I could do one post just on the food alone.
Now we know why they say Happy cows come from California! There were green hills everywhere!
We had a great time. It was so nice to be alone , just the two of us. Every couple needs a break like this. Sometimes you forget what its like being a lone without kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but it was sure nice to have some "US" time. I am looking forward to our next little get away. Thanks Randy.
11 comments:
Hey!!
Looks like you had a fun trip.. I have never been to San Fran.. But I hope to one day.. So I did the substitute teaching for a bit last year.. and let me tell ya, It's HARD! :) but the nice thing about it is you can do it whenever you want.. So that is cool.. but good luck with it!
Anyway, you look great!
Take care..
That sounds like so much fun. I need to do more things like this with my hubby.
Sure wish I could move home and travel the world. HAHAHA
What a great trip! I cant wait to do the same someday. You guys are just the cutest couple!
Wow! That looks like so much fun! It's so fun to get away like that. Brad and I are going to a Red Sox game in Boston, so we'll be doing the same thing. :)
It looks like you guys spent some good quality bonding time. Perfect!
How fun, I want to go to San Fran some day. Your pictures were great and I also believe in some alone time, even though we do love our kids.
I Love SF! Travis and I went last summer and had a great time, there is a restaurant there that we CRAVE! It is a great place, fun to visit, but I would hate living there...I am way too lazy for all of those hills!
Wow..you have been traveling alot lately! I'm jealous. I've never been to San Fran and I've always wanted to go. Brandon and I haven't been anywhere alone since Addyson was born...here's to hoping it happens soon! I'm glad you two had fun.
That looks like so much fun, and you never look like crap! I have never been to San Fran but would love to try it. The alcatraz tour would be awesome. I don't know if that drawing really looks like your guys, but it's still pretty fun to have. I love those kind of things. Sounds like you guys had a good time!
Glad you guys had fun. Mike and I are seriously in need of some alone time.
How fun! It is always good to get away from the kids.
Post a Comment