We had a great day. I love this holiday. The food is great, the weather is nice, sometimes to warm. The parade's, all the activities at the park are fun for the kids, Randy has the day off. And then the fireworks. Can't get much better than that! We started the day out early. 6 am in fact, so my sister and I could fit in our exercise. Then we all went to the West point parade. Which the kids love. I love these few pictures of all the kids waiting patiently on the side of the road. They could hear the parade, but not see it yet. The anticipation was getting to them bad.
My sister's and there families at the parade. Sorry Jami. Your family came and my camera was about dead. Thanks to Kobe. He likes to take pictures of random things.

After the parade we went to the West Point park. My kids loved it. There was so much to do. It was hard to keep track of everyone. We had kids going every which direction. Talk about CRAZY!!

After the parade we went to the West Point park. My kids loved it. There was so much to do. It was hard to keep track of everyone. We had kids going every which direction. Talk about CRAZY!!
After we spent much time at the park we went to Randy's brother's house and had a pool party. It was so nice to be able to cool off in the pool. We BBQ , played water volleyball and just hung out with everyone in the nice pool. I wish I had a picture, but once again My camera battery died. After the pool party we came home and were exhausted. We all took naps. It was nice. Then we got ready and headed up to the fireworks with my family and some friends. It has been our tradition to sit right next to the caution tape, front row. Sometimes we have to dodge all the ashes from the fireworks. It's awesome. We didn't get home until 11:30. Needless to say we were all tired. Good thing we had Saturday to recover..
This is a result from our pool party, plus the day before we had gone to the Roy Aquatic center. So Bennett got sunburn on top of a sunburn. His face was all swollen like a star trek character. I think he had too much Chlorine. I promise I put sunscreen on him. I think it was just so freaking hot that he didn't matter. He had to go all weekend without a shirt. I felt so bad.
5 comments:
Looks like West Point puts on quite a party. I can't believe Bennett's sunburn. Sunscreen sometimes doesn't help much. We haven't been to Roy Acquatic yet. I love that place.
Ya! West Point rules! :) I can't believe we didn't see eachother the whole time--well, except for when I saw you on your bike. We should've hooked up at the park for a few!
We love going to the Acquatic Center too. We've been going there almost every Sunday. Ouch that sunburn looks like it kills.
Your kids are so cute. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on the 4th. I seriously love it. My favorite holiday for sure. I'm sad it's already over. Went by too quick this year!
Dude, you need to plug in your camera! ;)
Man that sunburn looks awful! The pain that we'll seal with for something that sounds like a lot of fun! You guys are Crazy with the fireworks, we sit in the very back (away from the total white trash...and it still drives me nuts!)
You guys do love the 4th. And poor Bennett's sunburn. I've had plenty of those in my day - I don't know what is worse...the pain from it or the itching that follows. Poor kid.
Hey you should turn off that option that makes us have to type in that difficult-to-read word in order to post a comment - it BUGS!
I was there she NEVER put sunscreen on Bennett!!! Ha Ha just kidding! It looks awful. Poor Bennett. I am sure he had fun tho!!!
Post a Comment