Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

Mother's day was a great day for me. My k ids were so cute. All day on Saturday Kobe kept asking Randy when they were going to go shopping for mom. He was so excited to get me something special . He is such a good little kid. So my day started with Randy and Kobe getting up at 6:30 to make me breakfast in bed. I think the smoke alarm only went off once. But that's okay. This is a big deal for Kobe to get up that early and make me breakfast. He is a sleeper and loves to sleep in every chance he gets. So I was really feeling special. They made me eggs, and toast with some yummy fruit. Randy got me a juicer and also made fresh orange juice, my favorite. It was great.. Kobe picked out some pretty flowers, Bennett and Ash got me Jr mints. Then off to church we go. We came home and I was able to have a little nap, Randy BBQ my favorite chicken for dinner, and then did the dishes!! We then made the long trip to visit his mom ( ha ha up a few stairs.) We had dessert with her and was able to visit . I am so thankful for her, and for the way she raised her son. I love my mother in- law very much, she is a great example to me . She does so much to help me out all the time . I am very lucky to have such great in-laws. :)



Then we were able to go to my mom's house and see my beautiful mother, and sisters. We have such a good time when we are all together. I am so glad that all my family live so close to each other. We are all great friends. I am thankful for my mom. She does so much for each of her daughters. She is a great example also. I don't know what I would do without my mom, she has taught me a lot. Most of all how to be a good mom, and to remember that some things don't matter, they are just things. Its the time you spend with your kids that matter. I will always remember our picnic's at the park, or all our " mug" runs. She was always there to listen. I hope that I am a good mom to my kids like my mom was to us. I love you MOM!!

I know it was mother's day, but I have to say what a good man my dad is. He is the most gentle, loving person ever. I just wanted to tell him how Awesome he is, and that I am thankful for him also. Isn't he so cute??

2 comments:

Spence said...

Finally, some new posts... I was wondering if you'd given up on it.

You do have a really nice family. You are a good mom and you deserve all the good things that you get. As new parents, we are always wondering what we should do and how to raise our little boy - but then I remember how you guys do it...everything just seems to fall into place so long as your kids know that you love them and are willing to spend time with them.

Marshall Family said...

So.. your a blogger now! I love it! hee hee. I noticed you commented on my blog.. I've been meaning to say a thing or two on yours... like how great you look in a swim suit.. I'd trade bodies any day of the week! Anyway, your considering the Logan 1/2 or full? You keep me posted.. that would be awesome to have us all our there together! We'd have to get matching shirts! ha ha.. fun! We do a lot of our training runs together on the Ogden Parkway if your interested.... you just let me know dear!