Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where is the PORK??

Ok , so this post is to try and relieve stress that my sweet little 3 year old daughter brings me. This is my venting session. Beware long post!! ha ha. Okay , deep breath. Here we go. Yesterday Ash was getting into my mother in laws freezer. ( To Ash's defense their freezer is in the kids toy room.) So I told her not to play in it. She says but mom its cold. Yes Ash, just don't play in it. Well then she comes in holding a package of 1 lb of sausage and says, But mom this isn't cold. So I grab it and sure enough it was warm as could be. She also had a tub of butter that was warm. So I ran upstairs showed my mother in law. We figured out that she must have gotten it out on Friday ( while she had a friend over. She loves to play shopping, and house.) because my mother in law and just cleaned out her freezer and there's no way she could have opened the freezer when the seal is tight. So my mother in law goes down stairs to put her butter away, and we noticed that she had 2 other 1 pound sausage's that were missing!! UHHH 2! Where in the crap could it be? Shouldn't it start to be stinking by now?? I was going nuts, knowing there is RAW meat somewhere. Who knows what Ash would do with it if she could open the package.. So we searched EVERYWHERE. Nothing, couldn't find it anywhere. I asked her where it was , I don't know mommy. I didn't do it!! Yeah like I believe that!! So I went to bed baffled, had no clue where this RAW meat was. So today, I tried to act like I wanted to play shopping and asked where the food was, and again no success. Now I'm really getting bugged. I double check all her toys, looked in the garbage ( if only I could be so lucky that's where it ended up) still nothing. So I took the garbage back outside, and I see her little Dora car that she rides a lot, so i lift up the lid and there sat 2 lbs of Raw sausage... She thinks it's funny at this point. I was bugged cause she just acted like duh, you finally found it. My mother in law was sick about the whole thing. So I made her give grandma her B B ( her favorite blankie) , her Enchanted movie, and her sleeping beauty movie. Those are all her favorites right now. She just cried.. I felt so bad, she just cried as hard as she could. Ya know the heart breaking cry?? I stuck to my guns, and won! As Randy says her and I are having a power struggle. Finally she was able to go and tell Grandma she was sorry and that she can keep her B B as long as she wants, and that she won't get into the freezer again cause that is knotty. I just don't know what to do with her sometimes. She can be so sweet one minute and then a freaking stinker the next.. Anyone have any good ideas??

8 comments:

Michelle Woj said...

That is hilarious!! Probably wasn't at the moment, but what a funny story! KIDS!

Marshall Family said...

That is funny! Makes me excited to have a 3 year old!! hahaha.

Spence said...

I can just see Denise smiling because I can guarantee you did stuff like that all the time...ha ha.

Look at the bright side - sounds like the kid is a genius.

WheelersFamily said...

Oh that sweet lil Ash can't do anything wrong in my eyes. She is the sweetest lil thing since Gracie.
( ha ha ha ) We just have perfect little angels, don't we?

Eric and Maryn said...

Hey Brooke! I have to laugh because I'm going through the same thing with my Ellie. She's almost 4, so sorry...it doesn't get much better. I'm excited that I found your blog. Keep in touch!

Maryn

Merrills said...

How funny. I just love how they conveniently forget where they put stuff.

Amy said...

No matter what kids do they are still great. I'm sure Ash just looked at you and smiled when it was all said and done and you loved her even more. I know that Brennen and Camrey have done similar things but I think I chose to block that from my memory. This story is freakin' HILARIOUS!

DANA said...

Oh give Ash a break!!! She was just playing! Who are you to spoil her fun!!! Ha Ha!!!